Caribbean Four-Fruit Salsa
What do you get when you combine raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, a peach, jerk seasoning and lime? A bold, savory salsa...and a fabulous way to dress up any grilled meat. Cheryl Perry - Hertford, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium peach, chopped
- 1/2 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until serving. Serve
- with grilled meat, fish or poultry. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 16 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.