Caribbean Delight Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the vinegar, lime juice, sugar, curry, salt and cayenne. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add onion mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat, for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.