When hot summer nights drive me out of the kitchen, I head for the grill with this recipe. Along with a salad, my family loves this not-so-subtle spicy chicken.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the vinegar, lime juice, sugar, curry,
- salt and cayenne. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag;
- add onion mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium
- heat, for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,