Caribbean Crabmeat Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine the pineapple, crab, red and jalapeno peppers and cilantro.
- 2. Drain and rinse pasta in cold water; add to crab mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch
Reviews for Caribbean Crabmeat Salad
"Very yummy! A great take on an old favorite! (Next time I am going to add sliced black olives) :)"
"My whole family loved this and we have had it several times. We didn't add the jalapeno pepper just our taste preference. I have two teenage boys that loved this salad too!"
"This was a great meal. The pineapple adds a sweet taste. The combination of flavors was great. My husband and teenage boys asked for it again."