Caribbean Chutney-Crusted Chops
"I like to impress my guests with delicious meals, and these lamb chops are one of my best entrees," says Josephine Piro from Easton, Pennsylvania. "It all started with a jar of chutney I received in a gift basket and didn’t know what to do with. Folks think I fuss all day over these sophisticated chops…but they’re done in 30 minutes flat—and they’re fabulous!"
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (2 inches-thick and 8 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and
- jerk seasoning; set aside. Combine the chutney, salt and pepper;
- spread over both sides of lamb chops. Coat with crumb mixture.
- Place lamb chops on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow
- baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium 160°; well-done 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 lamb chop equals 296 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as