Caribbean Chutney-Crusted Chops Recipe
"I like to impress my guests with delicious meals, and these lamb chops are one of my best entrees," says Josephine Piro from Easton, Pennsylvania. "It all started with a jar of chutney I received in a gift basket and didn’t know what to do with. Folks think I fuss all day over these sophisticated chops…but they’re done in 30 minutes flat—and they’re fabulous!"
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (2 inches-thick and 8 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and jerk seasoning; set aside. Combine the chutney, salt and pepper; spread over both sides of lamb chops. Coat with crumb mixture.
- Place lamb chops on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium 160°; well-done 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Chutney-Crusted Chops in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caribbean Chutney-Crusted Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Chop Recipes >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >