Caribbean Chips with Apricot Salsa Recipe
With their subtle sweetness, these well-seasoned chips are equally delicious as an appetizer or alongside a savory meal. They'll be a welcome change of pace for your family's taste buds. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- 2. Cut into each tortilla into eight wedges. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and preserves. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 servings.
8 chips with 1/4 cup salsa equals 255 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Caribbean Chips with Apricot Salsa
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC