Caribbean Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients, cover and process until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with the reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Caribbean Chicken
"Used 3 jalapeños for me, one with seeds. made a 2nd batch for my husband using 6 jalapeños with seeds. Could not tell the difference! bland!"
"My fiancee is pretty useless in the kitchen sometimes, but he was able to put this together while I was on my way home from work. It's super out of the ordinary and we both really appreciated that it wasn't covered in our usual terriyaki sauce or barbecue sauce. Super spicy and unique. Will absolutely make over and over."
"I did mine as chicken tenders. It was excellent!"
"This was incredible, the flavors oh my. Cant wait to make it again. I didnt have green onion, but that would make it even better Im sure. Tasty!"
"Can u make this without the honey?"
"The marinade is really good on shrimp too!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.