Caribbean Chicken Tenderloins Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Rub chicken with jerk seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the asparagus, pineapple and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and mustard until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 1/2 cup asparagus mixture and 1/2 cup rice equals 314 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.