“This recipe is so fast and tasty.” The light and sweet sauce perfectly offsets the bold jerk seasoning. Laura McAllister - Morganton, North Carolina
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Rub chicken with jerk seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the asparagus, pineapple and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and mustard until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Chicken Tenderloins in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p60
Reviews for Caribbean Chicken Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review