- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 pound fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine ketchup, garlic, sugar, pepper sauce and, if desired, browning sauce; stir in seasonings. Add chicken thighs, sausage and vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Transfer contents of bag to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caribbean Chicken Stew
Sort By :
"I made this last night for dinner and paired it with baked plantains and yellow rice with black beans. It smelled so good the only issue I had the chicken came out dry. Not sure if that is normal or not. Taste was good."