“A friend of mine loved the food served at her wedding reception. Afterward, we re-created the menu, including this salad with its refreshing citrus accent.”
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix, divided
- 1 cup tangerine or mandarin orange segments
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Combine chicken and 1/4 cup pina colada mix. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken mixture over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Combine the tangerines, celery, pineapple, onion and olives in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and the remaining pina colada mix.
- Add chicken and romaine to the tangerine mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Chicken Caesar Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p77
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Caribbean Chicken Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review