You'd be hard-pressed to find a marinade that's this flavorful from any store! Add or subtract the jalapenos to suit your gang's taste, and you'll be grilling a new family favorite before you know it. — Rusty Collins of Orlando, Florida
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients, cover and process until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with the reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caribbean Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review