Caribbean Bread Pudding Recipe
A completely unexpected dessert from the slow cooker, it’s moist and sweet with plump, juicy raisins and wonderful tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large firm bananas, halved
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup light rum, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine raisins and pineapple; set aside. In a blender, combine the bananas, milk, pina colada mix, pineapple juice, eggs, cream of coconut and, if desired, rum. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Place two-thirds of the bread in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with 1 cup raisin mixture. Layer with remaining bread and raisin mixture. Pour banana mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients): 245 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Caribbean Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC