A completely unexpected dessert from the slow cooker, my bread pudding is loaded with wonderful tropical flavors. I like to garnish it with a slice of fresh pineapple, whipped cream and a cherry—just like a pina colada! —Elizabeth Doss, California City, California
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large firm bananas, halved
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup light rum, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and pineapple; set aside. In a blender, combine the bananas, milk, pina colada mix, pineapple juice, eggs, cream of coconut and, if desired, rum. Cover and process until smooth.
- Place two-thirds of the bread in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with 1 cup raisin mixture. Layer with remaining bread and raisin mixture. Pour banana mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p83
Reviews for Caribbean Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review