- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 serrano peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, ginger, garlic and pepper; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the scallops, paprika and cayenne; set aside. Place the pineapple, mango, pear, 2 tablespoons lime juice and allspice in a small bowl; toss to combine.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, scallops, fruits and serrano peppers. Drizzle kabobs with remaining lime juice; sprinkle with salt.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean "Chris-Kabobs" in Healthy Cooking
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Caribbean "Chris-Kabobs"
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Mango >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilled Scallops >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >