- cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to
- form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Divide into six
- portions. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape each portion into a 24-in. rope. Place three ropes on a greased
- baking sheet and braid. Form into a ring; pinch ends tightly
- together. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until
- almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat milk and remaining egg; brush over wreaths. Sprinkle with
- almonds and sugar. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cardamom butter ingredients until
- blended. Serve with bread. Yield: 2 loaves (2 cups butter).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.