- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cardamom and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cardamom-Walnut Pound Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p132
Reviews for Cardamom-Walnut Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review