- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into
- thirds; shape each into a 25-inch rope. Place ropes on a greased
- baking sheet and braid; pinch ends together, forming a round loaf.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over loaf. Sprinkle with coarse
- sugar. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (18 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 195 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.