Cardamom Sweet Potatoes
If you're looking for a tasty change of pace from traditional mashed potatoes, give this recipe a try. You can use either canned or fresh sweet potatoes with wonderful results.—Sandy Waters, Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained or 1-1/2 pounds fresh sweet potatoes, cooked
- 9 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, vanilla,
- salt, nutmeg and cardamom. Add milk; mix well. Spoon into a greased
- 1-qt. casserole. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with remaining brown
- sugar. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is lightly
- browned. Yield: 6 servings.