Cardamom Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you're looking for a tasty change of pace from traditional mashed potatoes, give this recipe a try. You can use either canned or fresh sweet potatoes with wonderful results.Sandy Waters, Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained or 1-1/2 pounds fresh sweet potatoes, cooked
- 9 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and cardamom. Add milk; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cardamom Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p41
Reviews for Cardamom Sweet Potatoes(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013
These are the best sweet potatoes I have ever had. Easy to prepare and cook along with everything else; not really over sweet!
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
Not quite as good as my sister-in-law's, but still had a good flavor.
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
The spices make this recipe special.