You'll be remembered for these cookies when you serve them for a morning coffee or at a gathering. Melted chips drizzled on top make them look fancy, but they're so easy to make.—Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, cream and extract. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board; cut each loaf into nine slices with a serrated knife. Place cut side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices; bake 10 minutes longer or until crisp and golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 27 cookies.
Originally published as Cardamom Swedish Rusks in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p49
Reviews for Cardamom Swedish Rusks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review