Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles Recipe
Sweet with just the right amount of spice, these easy waffles make it nearly impossible to skip your morning meal. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:7 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 14 waffles.
2 waffles equals 235 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC