Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles Recipe
Sweet with just the right amount of spice, these easy waffles make it nearly impossible to skip your morning meal. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 7 servings.
2 waffles equals 235 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC