Sweet with just the right amount of spice, these easy waffles make it nearly impossible to skip your morning meal. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p35
Reviews for Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review