- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 14 waffles.
Reviews for Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles
Sort By :
I made these for my nephew and husband yesterday morning. They turned out really good. I wanted to try and swap out the sour cream for nonfat greek vanilla yogurt and I also used egg substitute as well as Danipooh02 mentioned. I decreased the saturated fat by removing the butter and substituting it with canola oil. For more details check out my blog http://www.apinchofluv.com/wordpress/2014/01/18/spice-wheat-waffles/
These were delicious!
The flavor of these luscious waffles is amazing! I used egg substitute instead of real eggs, and nonfat greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, and they turned out fantastic. We will definitely be making these again.
I think this is my new favorite waffle recipe! I ran out of sour cream for the second batch, so I used plain yogurt. I may like that even better.