- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, cardamom and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cardamom Cookies
"I made these for my cookie exchange the other day. They were easy to make. I did make sure to scrape the bowl several times to make sure all the batter was mixed. Once I was done making the batter, I refrigerated it for about 15 minutes to harden so it would be easier to roll in balls. After they baked, I would put them in a bowl of powdered sugar and then sprinkle them with a powdered sugar shaker. Mine didn't flatten. Everybody liked them."
"This recipe was my first time trying cardamom, and I LOVED how these cookies tasted. They came out flat instead of round like the picture, but otherwise were perfect. I love the buttery nutty flavor, and so did everyone else, because they were gone within a day! Definitely one of my favorite holiday recipes."
"I, too, likIe cardamom. I followed the recipe and thought the cookies tasted good, but were not quite as pretty as the picture. Mine flattened a little and I had some trouble getting the sugar to stick to the outside. Still, I would make them again."
"I have a new favorite holiday cookie - YUMMY!! Please note: I am a huge cardamom fan.I used toasted hazelnuts rather than walnuts, but almonds would work well, too (as I am not a walnut person).Did end up with about 4 cookies worth of dough at the bottom of the pan that was too dry to roll, but still ended up with about 40 cookies.These little delights were buttery, rich and super flavorful - perfect with tea."