Field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin sent her recipe for these melt-in-your-mouth morsels. Cardamom, almond extract and walnuts enhance the flavor of these buttery cookies.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, cardamom and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cardamom Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p13
Reviews for Cardamom Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review