Fans of cheesecake will love these bite-size desserts. Crunchy and smooth, they're perfect for the holidays—or any other time for that matter!—Judi Oudekerk, Buffalo, Minnesota
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 teaspoon cardamom and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and remaining cardamom. Cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Cardamom Cheesecake Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p80
Reviews for Cardamom Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review