- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water, carrots and salt to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the butter, brown sugar, cardamom and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cardamom Carrots in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p13
Reviews for Cardamom Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2012
"I loved the recipe, others say it's too sweet. I wouldn't change a thing."