Caraway Wheat Biscuits Recipe
My family can't eat just one of these fresh-from-the-oven biscuits. Onions make them moist and savory.—Nancy Messmore, Silver Lake Village, Ohio
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups grated onions (about 3 medium)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, caraway seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the onions, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Caraway Wheat Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC