Caraway Wheat Biscuits Recipe
My family can't eat just one of these fresh-from-the-oven biscuits. Onions make them moist and savory.Nancy Messmore, Silver Lake Village, Ohio
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups grated onions (about 3 medium)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, caraway seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the onions, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Caraway Wheat Biscuits in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p41
Reviews for Caraway Wheat Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review