- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, celery, carrots and caraway in butter until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in broth. Return to the heat; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Combine sour cream and milk; add about 1 cup broth mixture. Return all to the pan; heat through (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caraway Sour Cream Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p41
Reviews for Caraway Sour Cream Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review