Caraway Scones Recipe
Brooke Staley of Mary Esther, Florida likes to serve these scrumptious scones alongside corned beef hash. They make a great addition to a soup and salad luncheon, too.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, caraway seeds and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet; pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Bake at 400° for 17-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Caraway Scones in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p19
Reviews for Caraway Scones(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review