If you're a sauerkraut lover, you'll savor this sweet and tangy variation that features stewed tomatoes and bacon. "We enjoy this dish served with ribs, potatoes and corn bread," says Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri.
Recommended: Mom's Best Comfort Foods
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (one 27 ounces, one 8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- In a skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. Add the sauerkraut, tomatoes, brown sugar and caraway seeds. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Caraway Sauerkraut Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p19
Reviews for Caraway Sauerkraut Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review