Caraway Rolls Recipe
Filled with caraway, these rolls are a nice addition to your meal, say Ruth Hastings of Louisville, Illinois.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add caraway seeds. In a small saucepan, heat cottage cheese until lukewarm; add baking soda and mix well. Stir into yeast mixture. Add sugar, salt and eggs; mix well. Gradually stir in enough flour to form a soft dough Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Stir down.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces. Place in well-greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks; brush with melted butter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 20 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC