Caraway Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat; drain. In a large bowl, combine the onions, carrots, cider, caraway seeds, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast and vegetables; keep warm. Strain pan juices into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat; add enough water to measure 2 cups. Return to Dutch oven. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream and remaining salt and pepper. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 396 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Caraway Pot Roast
"We like this recipe"
"OMG the best pot roast ever!!"
" Looks delicious, thanks "