Caraway Pork Chops and Red Cabbage Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons caraway seeds, divided
- 1 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 4 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1. Season pork chops with 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, chicken seasoning and brown sugar. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the cabbage, apple, onion, water, vinegar, salt, bouillon granules and remaining caraway seeds to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place chops over cabbage mixture; top each with 1 tablespoon apple jelly. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup cabbage mixture equals 319 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Caraway Pork Chops and Red Cabbage
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer