Caraway Pork Chops and Red Cabbage Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons caraway seeds, divided
- 1 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 4 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1. Season pork chops with 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, chicken seasoning and brown sugar. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the cabbage, apple, onion, water, vinegar, salt, bouillon granules and remaining caraway seeds to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place chops over cabbage mixture; top each with 1 tablespoon apple jelly. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup cabbage mixture equals 319 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Caraway Pork Chops and Red Cabbage
"I really liked this. The cabbage has a nice sweet-sour flavor, not to overpowering and goes very well with the pork chops. Made coleslaw with the remaining cabbage to go along with it. Thanks for sharing."
"I didn't make this, but to answer your question. It's sometimes called BBQ seasoning, or BBQ chicken seasoning. You can find bags of it in the spice ile."
"This looks good but I have question. What is rotisserie chicken seasoning? Where is it located in the grocery store? Thanks for your input."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer