Caraway Dill Bread Recipe
The caraway really comes through in this herb bread shared by Margaret Reinhardt of Aledo, Illinois. The nicely textured loaf is an especially good accompaniment to a pork dinner.
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 67 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC