Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place cabbage in a colander over a plate. Sprinkle with sugar and salt; toss to coat. Let stand 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until blended. Rinse cabbage and drain well; place in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus Mayonnaise
"I have to agree with alfoa; not much kick as is. I added orange essential oil hoping to punch up the orange flavor. It was more pungent but still missing something. Omitted the caraway seeds."
"It was ok. Wasn't wow'd by it as the other reviews indicated."
"Recently had a potluck at my house and I made this with great success. I used both red and white cabbage, and added a bit of shredded carrot. We love the citrus kick."