Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus Mayonnaise Recipe
The combination of caraway and orange keeps this slaw from being anything but run-of-the-mill. I always get requests to bring a big batch to potlucks; proof positive that it's a keeper! I also like to make it a day ahead so the flavors can truly blend. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place cabbage in a colander over a plate. Sprinkle with sugar and salt; toss to coat. Let stand 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until blended. Rinse cabbage and drain well; place in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus Mayonnaise
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC