Caraway Cloverleaf Rolls Recipe
I've taken these rolls to numerous get-togethers and have received many compliments. Folks around love to bake, so there's always good eating at our socials.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add whole wheat flour, sugar, oil, caraway, salt and 2 cups all-purpose flour; beat until smooth. Add enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half, then divide each half into 36 pieces. Shape into balls; place three balls each in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC