Caraway Cheese Bread Recipe
We enjoy cheese in a variety of ways. In this savory bread, cheddar cheese blends beautifully with just the right amount of caraway.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, caraway, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, butter and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 192 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Caraway Cheese Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC