- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, caraway, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, butter and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Caraway Cheese Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p29
Reviews for Caraway Cheese Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review