- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Caraway Cheese Bread
"This is so good. I left out the caraway seeds and tablespoon of Dijon mustard. I added black pepper and 1t. dried chives and used a little less cheese but should have used the full amount. This definitely needs more salt. It's very moist and uses plain yogurt. I didn't have quite enough yogurt, just had 5.3oz so I?added enough whole milk to it to equal the 8oz. that was needed. I made this in a 9"x5" loaf pan, as specified, for 30 minutes. I'd definitely make this again.I got this recipe from Taste of Home's Complete Guide To Baking hardcover cookbook."