Caraway Beer Bread Recipe
This moist and tender loaf boasts a mild beer and caraway flavor that can hold its own with hearty soups and chili. But surprise! “It’s also yummy spread with ham salad or cream cheese and assorted jams,” promises Janet Newmyer of Wilber, Nebraska.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, beer and butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC