Caraway Beer Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, beer and butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Caraway Beer Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p49
Reviews for Caraway Beer Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
"This is a great way to have great bread in a very short itme. It's very tasty!!In reply to Katie Merritt ~ Rosemary was a very good substitute for the caraway!! I have also used crushed fennel and other spices along with the caraway!! Kitzer"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2008
"I couldn't find Caraway seeds when I went to the store for this, so I used Rosemary in its place. Very yummy!"