Caraway Beef Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef rump roast or chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cooked potatoes and carrots, optional
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the hot water and bouillon; add the ketchup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, caraway, salt and pepper. Pour over roast. Add bay leaves.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until tender. Remove roast to serving platter; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan juices; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, adding water to thin if necessary. Discard bay leaves. Serve with cooked potatoes and carrots if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Caraway Beef Roast(2)
Sort By :
My husband says it is the best roast I have cooked. This recipe is definitely a keeper and I have passed it on to family and friends.
My husband says it's the best roast beef I've ever made. To be honest, I haven't made many, but it was easy and tasty and the gravy was very good. I will definately make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >