Caramelized Pork Slices
"This easy treatment for pork caught my eye when I was paging through a cookbook and saw the word "caramelized," Elisa Lochridge recalls from her home in Beaverton, Oregon. "The slightly sweet glaze is yummy. I like to serve this over noodles or rice...or with mashed potatoes."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten pork slices to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet,
- brown pork in oil over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic for 1 minute; stir in the brown
- sugar, orange juice, molasses, salt and pepper. Return pork to pan;
- cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces glazed cooked meat) equals 200 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.