Caramelized Pork Slices Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut tenderloin into eight slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown pork on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add pork, turning to coat; cook, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 3-4 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
2 pork slices: 198 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Caramelized Pork Slices
"Fantastic! The glaze is so simple but I will make more of it next time I make this (it's so good you'll want extra)! I used pork chops but will likely try it on chicken as well."
"awesome recipe, also very good with chicken"
"Very good dish; tender and flavorful and so easy. Nice weekday main course."
"As Rachel Ray would say... YUM - O! This is my favorite pork recipe!!!!! DH and kiddos like it too."
"This is my favorite pork recipe, I use boneless pork loin chops with very good results."
"Very easy and tasty. I made no changes to it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.