Caramelized Pork Slices Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Flatten pork slices to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute garlic for 1 minute; stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, molasses, salt and pepper. Return pork to pan; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3 ounces glazed cooked meat) equals 200 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Caramelized Pork Slices
"awesome recipe, also very good with chicken"
"Very good dish; tender and flavorful and so easy. Nice weekday main course."
"As Rachel Ray would say... YUM - O! This is my favorite pork recipe!!!!! DH and kiddos like it too."
"This is my favorite pork recipe, I use boneless pork loin chops with very good results."
"Very easy and tasty. I made no changes to it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.