Caramelized Pearl Onions Recipe
- 1 pound pearl onions, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Stir in the wine, vinegars, pepper, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until onions are tender and liquid is evaporated. Stir in pomegranate seeds and dill; heat through. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 41 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for Caramelized Pearl Onions
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.