Caramelized Onion-Tortellini Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, stems removed and torn
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter and oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add brown sugar; cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper to onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until syrupy.
- 3. Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the tortellini, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Add onion mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 185 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Caramelized Onion-Tortellini Spinach Salad
"This was very good! I used Vidalia onions and they were so good. I made it and packed it up for a picnic in the park. This recipe is a keeper."