Caramelized Onion Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth and wine or additional broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 25-30 minutes or until onions are golden brown and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the sour cream, spinach and salt. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caramelized Onion Spinach Dip
Sort By :
Very simple to make and DELICIOUS! Even my 7- and 2-year-olds loved it! One batch of the recipe is good for about 4-6 people so for larger gatherings I would definitely double it.
This recipe was very easy to make and super delish! I used Light Smart Balance and Low Fat Sour Cream to make it a healthier option! This will be a staple in my go-to recipes for pot-lucks and the like!
I thought this was very easy to make. Tasted wonderful without the wine - it got rave reviews at the party!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Irish Appetizers >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >