Caramelized-Onion Pork Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place the pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Caramelized-Onion Pork
"Been making this for years. Love it. I rub the pork with salt and pepper and let sit for a bit. Great company dinner, yet easy enough for every day."
"I agree that the onions are a nice touch."
"Very good and easy to make."
"I have been making this receipe ever since I saw it published in a Taste of Home magazine many years ago. It is easy, tried and true! Pork always comes out tender and the onions add that something special yet so simple."
"Very tasty! Make sure the onions stay on the pork while baking or else they get burnt."
"My family loved this recipe. The onions make the pork extra special!"
"Easy and delicious! I took it Company a step further and carmelized a thinly sliced Granny Smith apple along with the onion-company perfect!"
"Very very nice! You are right, it makes a very moist and tasty pork. I recommend it."
"Super excellent. Easy, fast, moist pork, delicious"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.