Caramelized-Onion Pork Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place the pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Caramelized-Onion Pork
"I agree that the onions are a nice touch."
"Very good and easy to make."
"My family loved this recipe. The onions make the pork extra special!"
"easy and delicious! I took it Company a step further and carmelized a thinly sliced Granny Smith apple along with the onion-company perfect!"
"Very very nice! You are right, it makes a very moist and tasty pork. I recommend it."