Caramelized-Onion Pork Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place the pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked pork with about 2 tablespoons onion) equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.