Caramelized-Onion Pork Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Caramelized-Onion Pork
Sort By :
I agree that the onions are a nice touch.
Very good and easy to make.
I have been making this receipe ever since I saw it published in a Taste of Home magazine many years ago. It is easy, tried and true! Pork always comes out tender and the onions add that something special yet so simple.
Very tasty! Make sure the onions stay on the pork while baking or else they get burnt.
My family loved this recipe. The onions make the pork extra special!